Thursday, March 5, 2015

Recent Obsessions

Dear Friends,

I just had a really hard midterm in Seventeenth Century Literature. It is all over now. Sigh.

Today I would like to tell you about some things that I have been obsessed with lately. I have been turning to these things in spare moments and they make me happy. Probably too happy.

Most of them happen to be on my phone.

1. Lumosity

This is a program that is meant to boost your mental processes like Flexibility, Speed, Attention, Problem Solving and Memory. Basically it is a series of games that you can play on your phone. I play them on my phone in the bathroom all the time. I have the free version so I can't unlock all their games, but there is no way I am paying money for this. To conclude, I do not know if I am smarter. I hope so, but I do not care that much. If you ever hang out with me and get worried because I have been in the bathroom for a long time...you will know why.


2. NPR

I have been taking a leaf out of my father's book.

This is his morning ritual:
5:30 AM - Pray
6:00 AM - Make breakfast while listening to NPR
6:30 AM - Wake up Paul Hugh and Isaac
7:10 AM - Walk to school

I have taken to using his routine because of my teacher aid position. I have to be at school at 7:50 AM so it helps to get an early start. NPR has been my companion. I like to stay on top of the news, but do not have a ton of extra reading time. That is why I love the radio. I have an app on my phone or I use the FM radio on my iPod. I always feel a little more confident when I know what's going on in the world.


3. Serial

Like I mentioned, I have been very into radio lately. I came across this program because one of my favourite bloggers mentioned it. It is a gripping show about a real-life murder case. It is hosted my an investigative journalist who actually goes through the process of re-opening a murder case because someone contacted her and thinks the man may have been wrongly convicted. It features actual interviews with suspects and witnesses. It is super well done and extremely fascinating. Check it out!



Thanks for stopping by and reading about the things that are floating my boat lately. I have many more "obsessions" that I will share later on. For now, Good bye!

Lucy Rose








No comments:

Post a Comment