Friday, August 21, 2015

Long Distance-Dating: Part IV - Interview with Sheldon (The Guy's Perspective)

Darling People,

Sheldon, my dear boyfriend, sent me the answers to my interview on long-distance dating! Here it is. I loved reading his answers, because I totally hear his voice in them. 

I hope you enjoy his perspective as much as I!

Love,
LR

1. What is the hardest thing about long-distance dating?
The distance. When you are far from one you love, communication (which means literally, "sharing") has to be mediated and fragmented. You can't share as much, and it's easy to lose a sense of the other person as they really are.

2. What helps make it easier?
It helps a lot to know that we will see each other again fairly soon. I'm sure it would be much harder without that knowledge. I also cherish any chance to hear LucyRose speak. A person's voice (more than their image, I believe) can remind you of who someone actually is. It manifests their specificness and personality and makes it easier to care for them and remember their presence. 

3. Are there any benefits from long-distance dating?
I suppose it gives you a critical distance from your relationship. I'm not sure that's always a good thing, but it can help you to evaluate what you're relationship is doing. Who is it serving? Where is it going? You can evaluate these things at short-distance, too, though.


4. Has long-distance dating helped you learned anything new about the two of us as people?
I think long-distance dating makes it easier to learn about one's self and harder to learn about the other person. That said, long-distance-ness doesn't prevent a relationship from growing. I've learned recently that we have different perspectives on photographs and movies. I've also read a lot of LucyRose's writing recently and seen much more clearly who she is in writing.



2 comments:

  1. We did long-distance dating, survived it and are happily married now <3
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite posts of yours! SO dear! Tell Sheldon hello and that I like him...well, you know, I like him for you! :) Much love to you dear LucyRose - I'm so glad I got to be with you while you were home. Love your Auntie Connie

    ReplyDelete