Saturday, February 21, 2015

Watch Reunion and Picky Jewellery Taste

Dearests,

Yesterday something great happened. I re-found my watch! My grandparents gave me a gift when I graduated and I used it to buy my watch. I shopped a long time on the net until I found the perfect one. I wanted it to be slim and gold coloured or plated. The one I found was created by a Soviet firm called Zarya (Dawn). The company came out of the firm that made watches dedicated to the cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin. The watches were not a big hit in Western countries during the cold war. But they were a big deal in the SSSR. I found mine on Etsy.

I had lost my watch sometime early last fall. It was so sad to me because I loved it so much! Yesterday I went to the Sports Centre front desk to pick up my iPod which I had left there. They were taking it out of what I thought was a freezer (it was a safe) and I saw the watch inside! I was like, "That's mine!!!" They gave it to me. Sweet reunion!


I do not like to wear a lot of jewellery. I can't really wear earrings right now because they make my earlobes itch. I also do not like to have things hanging off of my body. I feel so strange when I have metal things hanging off of my body. I feel unnatural. And I am I also very picky about the style of the pieces.

But I do like to wear a very select number. Usually they are simple, gold coloured or plated and have sentimental value.

Here are some of my favourites:

Obviously my watch is one of them. I love it because it accentuates my slender, pale wrists, of which I am rather vain.


Another piece is one that was given to me by my Grandma Jean. She picked it out of her own collection and gave it to me when she came to visit at Christmastime when I was about 10. I did not wear it much then. I didn't even like it that much at the time, but it turns out that now it perfectly suits my style and I love having a remembrance of my Dad's mother. She was a very cool woman. I think she got it in Egypt.


The last item is from my older brother Patrick. He gave it to me a couple years ago for Christmas. I love to pin it to my emerald-green cardigan or pin it to my collar like a brooch. Thanks Patrick! You really know my taste!

Are you picky about jewellery too? Here are two jewellery designers that I really like. I don't own anything from them, but I love to drool over their stuff. One of them is the sister of a friend of mine!



Goodnight, Friends!

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment