Wednesday, August 26, 2020

My New Series About Freelancing



I want to write about my journey as a freelance artist here on Lucy's Life. The last couple years have been so interesting, frustrating and scary. I think that this space could be perfect for talking honestly about it. I hope that my experiences could help inspire someone else or help them feel a little less alone. 

I have been dreaming about writing about my freelance journey for years...ever since I started freelancing, really! But it has always seemed too big and scary to start. I kept telling myself: "You can start writing about freelancing once you're actually making a living out of it. But for now, you're not good enough to share anything."

But I don't care anymore. I'm excited to share what I've learned so far, even though I'm extremely far from my goal of supporting myself entirely through art-making. I think I just told myself that because I was scared of being seen as inexperienced, scared, naive and disorganized! 

All of those things accurately describe me as a freelancer. But I've come to the realization, that those words probably describe a lot of people and maybe those people would feel LESS scared and inexperienced if they heard about my journey. 

And while, those words are accurate, I don't think they are the full story about me as a freelancer. 

I am also: talented, courageous, hopeful and committed. 

My goal is to post about freelancing every Friday. We will call it: Freelance Friday! Here at Lucy's Life we are all about alliterations. 

Some topics I hope to talk about are:

- How I got started freelancing and what I would do differently

- Impostor syndrome

- What are the major challenges

- What has given me hope along the way

And whatever else comes to mind! Basically, I'll just be telling you my story. 

See you Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment