Friday, May 13, 2016

Three Things: Summer Projects




"When summer vacation comes I will finally get to read the entire works of Dickens!" 
"When summer vacation comes I will be able to carve nine miniature figurines of the entire Fellowship of the Ring out of soap!"
"Come summertime I can run a marathon!"
"I will make a dollhouse using only recycled wine corks once school is out."

Do you guys say that kind of thing too? Even if you are not in school do you still try to pack a million things into your vacations? I do. I am the worst about putting way too much pressure on vacations to "get things done". I usually end up only getting one of the things done, if that! I have been learning with age and maturity that one mustn't put too much pressure on vacations. But despite my newfound wisdom I have a few serious projects in mind for Summer of 2016. Here they are.





1. Read War and Peace by Lev Tolstoy
I don't really know much about this novel. But I guess it just sounded like a nice, hunky book to keep me busy for the whole summer. One of those books you want to be able to tell people at parties, "Oh yeah, I have totally read War and Peace..." So I started reading it over my fifteen minute breaks at work. The trouble is that it is hard to concentrate and get into the novel in just fifteen minutes. Especially because everybody speaks French all the time! You have to look at the footnotes to find out what they are saying in French.




2. Get Married
I know this one is pretty obvious, if you have been following my blog for the past few months. But it is two months to go and it feels like things are really getting down to the wire. I am having trouble not panicking. All I want is for the day to feel special and beautiful and for no one to die of stress.





3. Get Ripped
This is my last goal. I want to be a totally ripped bride. I want to have cut arms and awesome toned legs and sweet abs. Basically I  want to be the hottest bride around. Of course I have a lot of work to do in this department, but I am a hard worker. When I know what I want I work until I get it. I am going to try to do the 60 day workout plan called Insanity. I am just waiting for my DVDs to come in the mail. So look out. Amazing muscular bride alert.

How about you all? What are your summertime goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment