Monday, June 9, 2014

Lucy Rose's Travel Guide

Dear People,

I am sitting in O'Hare Airport. In cca 20 hours I will be home for my 2 week visit home to the Czech Republic. I am ecstatic with anticipation. But I am also bored
In my boredom (I have a four hour wait) I have been composing a brief travel guide. It is born out of years of experience with international flights.
Enjoy.

Love,
Lucy

Travel Tips

Number One: Pack Lightly
Avoid packing stuff you can buy or borrow upon arival at your destination i.e. toothpaste, shampoo, bodywash etc. Only bring one book. Having only one will force you to read it. If you finish it give it away and buy a new one.

Number Two: Bring Your Own Water Bottle
Water can cost like 3$! Bring an empty old plastic bottle and refill it after you go through security.

Number Three: Dress Nicely and in Layers 
Only Americans dress schlubbily to travel. Sorry guys. Everyone else is going for classy. Wear a tried and true outfit which helps you feel good about your appearance, because the fatigue of travel will inevitably take a bite out of your self esteem. ALWAYS bring a sweater. You will be cold or wet or both at some point. Yes. Even if you are traveling to Hawaii.

Number Four: Bring Cash
Bring at least 60$ cash. You may have an emergency and need to take a taxicab.

Number Five: Wear a Fanny Pack
Ok. Maybe not a Fanny pack exactly. But have a purse or something easily reachable and close to your person in which you can keep your passport, wallet and boarding passes on hand. You don't want to have to swing your backpack around all the time.

Number Six: Extra Underwear 
Stuff a change of underwear into your carry on just in case your luggage gets lost and you had to wear your clothes twice. If your bag gets searched just play it cool.

3 comments:

  1. Love your travel guide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable post Lucy Rose! Love your handwriting and your illustration! Now I only wish I could see your pretty face in person! So sad I won't get to see you at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun… and helpful! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete