Monday, April 7, 2008

Crazy Day

Wow! Today was pretty crazy! I was running all over the place. After school I met with a friend for lunch, then to an extra session of tutoring, and then I went to Tensing (only to find it had already ended) and then I spent half an hour with a friend. I often have crazy days like this, but today was funny because with each person I talked to, I had a deep conversation about divorced parents. Each friend I talked with was experiencing problems with step parents and relationships with Mom or Dad. I don't think it was a coincidence though. I think God was poking me in the back and tugging at my heart trying to get my attention, telling me to be grateful for the parents I have. The kids in this country are really suffering. Almost all my friends have divorced parents, and even though they won't admit it, they are deeply affected by it. So for those of you with functional families and supportive parents, be thankful! Maybe sometimes you argue over your curfew, jobs around the house, dating or even silly things like the hairdryer (I know I do...), stop and think a moment about how much you have to be thankful for.
Right now my dad is in the States and it's hard for all of us even though he'll only be gone another week. I was thinking about my friends whose fathers are gone most of the year.
This post is not trying to be really depressing or anything, I just wanted to let you know what's been on my heart right now so that you can pray for the kids here. That they would be able to meet the Father that doesn't give up on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment